Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Perpetual Loser


That's what I call myself 2 nights ago when my friend and I went out last Saturday night. Bonding with your friend is healthy to keep the friendship going, right? But what if you both end up liking the same person? Will you risk the friendship?

Sounds familiar, eh? It's like a plot from some cheesy movie: Boy meets Girl (in our case it's Boy meets Boy). Boy likes Girl. Boy introduces Girl to Bestfriend. Bestfriend likes Girl and Girl fell in love with Bestfriend and Boy was left broken hearted. That was the exact situation we were in (or more of me) last Saturday night. I was on the flirty mood while my friend who just came out of a nasty break up a few months ago (he's still on the healing-my-broken-heart stage and I'm-not-in-a-rush-for-new-relationship kind of phase) simply tagged along for the fun.

He first saw him sitting in the corner and told me, "That guy looks cute". And sure he was cute with his glasses on and boyish grin. He's like Harry Potter, only hotter and with shorter hair. Mr. Potter is with a friend too, who seemed to have drowned himself in several bottles of beer he's already half drunk ready to pounce on any hot blooded guys gyrating on the dance floor. He seemed to have the hots on Mr. Potter based on the way he looks at him, or maybe it was just my imagination. 

Anyway, Mr. Potter's friend is equally hot. Who wouldn't fall for a hot bod skinhead? But I only had my eyes on Mr. Potter, although there was this really good looking guy in cute shirt who's giving me the eye earlier but oh boy, he turned out to be with his boyfriend so hands off compadre. Now it's just Mr. Potter I have to play my charms with but wait, my friend here likes him too. What's a boy gotta do?

Play the good friend I did and let them get to know each other. There are still other guys in the bar anyway... But me likes Mr. Potter so much I so wanted to wrestle him out of my friend. But I'm not that kind of friend so I just drowned myself in 4 bottles of beer, already feeling like shit on my 5th and ready to pounce on any hot blooded guys... where's Mr. Potter's friend anyway? I could give him a blow, I mean go. No, I mean we could dance together. Two boys miserably jealous over our friends' newfound love.

I don't know how the night went by. Guess I was too drunk to notice but it ended with a really nice twist. I was able to get Mr. Potter's number. Well my friend has his own excuses. It was lame really, said that his phone's dead and he doesn't memorize his number. The truth is my dear friend isn't prepared for something like it. Remember, he's still in that healing-my-broken-heart shit. But I have Mr. Potter's number so why complain? I was just to forward it to my friend a little later though, as he told me, and then we said our goodbyes.

The morning after. Well it was late afternoon really when I woke up with a bit of a headache (and a broken heart), and to my utter joy, Mr. Potter texted me. Yipey! Apparently my friend haven't texted him yet and he's wondering if my friend really do like him. Oh I do like you bro, I really do. But I never went out of my stupid way telling him that. I'm a good friend, remember? And what do good friends do? Kill them and steal their potential boyfriends. Nah. I told Mr. Potter that me thinks friend is still asleep and I'll talk to him tomorrow.

So here I am. Having found an excuse to write something on my little blog. My friend really do like him, a lot. But he's just a bit too afraid to initiate the start and as a good friend, I told him to give Mr. Potter a chance. Go out with him, get to know each other and take it from there. My friend is a great guy and he deserves someone better, even if that someone is someone I also like.

Jeez, now I'm a loser. I think I am. I'm already listening to Linger by The Cranberries and it's playing on repeat.



No comments:

Post a Comment